There’s a lot to love about long-distance trail networks
The Casco Bay Trail will transform the communities it passes through, providing a valuable new resource for recreation, transportation, commuting, exercise, environmental stewardship, tourism, and healthy lifestyles.
These snapshots of successes documented in other states show the many benefits that come with these trails:
- Providing an easy way for all kinds of people to exercise, commute, socialize, and have fun.
- Improving public health, including lowering odds for diabetes, heart disease, and more chronic conditions.
- Lowering health care costs.
- Boosting the economy by attracting new retailers and service providers, and drawing more people to existing businesses.
- Increasing use of non-motorized transportation, which also helps reduce traffic, decrease reliance on fossil fuels, and reduce pollution.